This warranty is provided by Yakima Europe Coöperatief U.A., a cooperative association, organized and existing under the laws of the Netherlands, with its corporate seat in Rotterdam, having its offices and registered business address at Twentehaven 7, 3433 PT Nieuwegein, The Netherlands, firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter: “YakimaEU”) to the end user of this YakimaEU-product.
This YakimaEU-product is warranted for a period of [five] () years from the original date of purchase by the end user against defective materials and defective workmanship.
In the event that warranty service is required, you should return the YakimaEU-product to the seller from whom it was purchased or to any (other) recognized YakimaEU-retailer.
This warranty is limited by the following warranty conditions:
- You can only make a claim under this warranty, when warranty service is required, if the YakimaEU-product is presented together with the original invoice or sales slip or confirmation, and provided that the serial number on the YakimaEU-product has not been defaced.
- YakimaEU’s obligations are limited to the repair or, at its discretion, replacement of the YakimaEU-product or the defective part.
- Warranty repairs must be carried out by YakimaEU. No re-imbursement will be made for repairs carried out by others and any such repair work and damage to the YakimaEU-product caused by such repair work will not be covered by this warranty.
- This YakimaEU-product is not considered to be defective in materials nor in workmanship by reason that it requires adaptation in order to conform to national or local technical or safety standards in force in any country outside the European Union. This warranty will not cover such adapted YakimaEU-products, and no re-imbursement will be made for such adaptations nor any damage.
- This warranty covers none of the following:
- periodic check-ups, maintenance, replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear, and modifications not performed or authorized by YakimaEU;
- costs relating to transport, removal or installation of the YakimaEU-product;
- overloading and other misuse, including the failure to use this YakimaEU-product for its normal purposes, and incorrect installation;
- defects caused by not properly securing cargo and defects caused by accidents or defects of the vehicle upon which the YakimaEU-product has been installed;
- damage caused by lightning, water, fire, acts of God, war, public disturbances, or any other cause beyond the control of YakimaEU.
- The end user’s statutory rights in any applicable national legislation, whether against the recognized YakimaEU-retailer arising from the purchase contract or otherwise, are not affected by this warranty. Unless there is national legislation to the contrary, the rights under this warranty are the end user’s sole rights and YakimaEU, its group companies and its distributors (including recognized YakimaEU-retailers) shall not be liable for indirect or consequential damages.